Making summer dreaming come true… in plain English
The sun is shining and you’ve found your dream house
– but what kind of survey do you need to ensure it doesn’t become a recurring nightmare?
Many people get confused with surveys and what they need. Let us explain in the same way that we write ours: in understandable English. Firstly, there’s the Valuation. Some people get confused and call these surveys, but they are not. A valuation is just that – it tells you what your property is worth in bricks and mortar. Then we have the Homebuyer’s Survey. This is a standard format report designed to be an economy package survey. Although it’s a step up from the Valuation, it is still limited in what it can tell you. Finally, there’s the Building Survey. This is the best type of survey as it looks at everything from minor to major and from top to bottom in complete detail.
For example, our Building Surveys include solutions to any problems we find, details of how urgently they need to be dealt with and in some cases an idea of what it will cost you to put them right. Because pictures can sometimes make it even clearer, full colour digital photographs are produced to show you exactly what we are talking about. But, rest assured, all our technical definitions are in English and we use sketches to illustrate any “surveyor speak”! In addition, we will talk to you as often as you need us to – before and after the Report has gone out to you. If you’d like more for an article on surveys we’ll be happy to help.
Free phone 0800 298 5424
Note to Editors:
* Photographs can be supplied.
* Case studies are available.
* Special visits for journalists can be arranged to show how our surveys are carried out.
* Our Press Officer is a journalist with 20 years experience writing regularly for a range of publications including the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Evening Standard, Esquire, Bella and GQ.
For further information, please contact 1stAssociated on 0800 298 5424